As part of our purpose, we strive to facilitate the pursuance of internship offers for our members throughout the year. We have been able to develop close relationship with Miami-based financial firms who recruit talent directly from our pool of members.
We keep a close eye on hard-working and bright members who will be featured in booklets provided to firms for recruitment purposes all year round.
To know more about our partners, click here.
Imagine immersing yourself in the recruiting process for the dream job of your professional career. First, second, and even third-round interviews or unexpected technical and behavioral questions may take place. Our best performers go on to become vice-presidents of one of our three divisions below and are provided with exclusive guidance from our directors, as well as the possibility of teaching during our lectures.
- Vice-presidency of Investment Banking
- Vice-presidency of Global Capital Markets
- Vice-presidency of Global Investment Research
Phoenician Initiative for Professional Development (PIPD)
In our mentorship program you will be paired with one of our mentors based on you professional goals. You will get to know them and be given the option to list your top three choices. They will provide you assistance with:
- Resume and cover letter review
- Professional interview preparation
- LinkedIn building and review
- One-to-one meetings
- Networking training
- Review of curriculum material
Professional and Technical Workshops
Attend workshops in which you will have the opportunity to apply concepts learnt throughout the semester and develop your professional profile. These include some of the following:
- Financial Statement Modeling
- Microsoft Excel Best Practices
- Financial Accounting Overview
- Bloomberg Terminal Best Practices
- Resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn building
The financial industry finds itself undergoing major changes caused by a powerful wave: Technology. Have you heard about Python, Java, Macros, or C++? Our exclusive FinTech meetings hosted by two of our alumni (Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Credit Agricole traders) will give you a glimpse of this new wave.
- Introduction to FinTech
- Programming languages
- Introduction to coding
- Trading platforms in the real world (retail and institutional)
- HFT and Algorithmic trading
- API/DDE and Quantopian demonstration
- Information flow in the capital markets
- Collaboration projects
The Phoenician Investment Fund wants its members to stand out and actively engage in the most realistic financial environments. We will sponsor our best performing members to out-of-state and international competitions. Some of these include:
- National Investment Banking Competition (NIBC)
- Raymond James Student Managed Fund Competition
- Undergraduate Investment Conference
- Johnson & Johnson Case Competition
- CFA Institute Equity Research Challenge
- Michigan Undergraduate Stock Pitch Competition
As a member of the Phoenician Investment Fund, you will be surrounded by equally-driven students, who will probably b pursuing similar career development goals as you. During our socials, you will get to know your peers in a non-professional setting for you to begin creating a network of individuals and friends.
- Free events at exclusive places in Coral Gables and Brickell
- BBQ & Pool parties
- Alumni socials
For more information, please contact us through our social media